Friday 3 December 2021

Essay Writing

 

My hat goes off to all creatives out there, especially writers. The task of deciding on a topic to write is one milestone, another is doing adequate research and investigation concerning the topic at hand so one doesn’t provide redundant information or write off point. I’m in the process of putting down my exploratory essay and ironically, the difficulty I’m experiencing in putting together the essay gave me an epiphany of just how much creatives work to put out the work that they do. They always have to proof-read and review their write ups to make sure it’s not similar to a previous piece and to make sure they’re not ripping off of the work of other creatives like themselves.

(Source: thewritelife)


            I have to say for me personally the most challenging aspect in the writing process is the central idea to be passed. It’s sometimes simple and direct. Other times, the message to be passed has to be paraphrased and/or embedded in a series of metaphors for the sake of political correctness. As a writer, you can’t afford to be insentient or your work will only get negative feedback and destructive criticism due to the insensitivity or wrong choice of vocabulary. See what I’m doing here? I’m paraphrasing. The central idea of this write up is a revelation I had while I was struggling to write my exploratory essay, which simply is that writing is not as easy as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful

  https://metalshack.com/products/thankful-grateful-and-truly-blessed-metal-sign They say a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step...