Friday 15 October 2021

Food







 

Where I come from, what we eat is as important an identifier as the clothes we wear. My motherland with over 250 different ethnic groups presents you with an array of various exotic continental cuisines to pick from… 



Is it the delicious “Abacha (African salad)” or the mouthwatering “Nkwobi”? Either way the wave of nostalgia that washes over me each time I have to eat the available conventional meals here is sometimes overwhelming. It’s not that I’m complaining; the food here is amazing and just as diverse as back in the motherland but it’s still incomparable to what I was practically raised up on… I sometimes drive around with friend looking for locations and joints that at least connote my cultural identity (in terms of food of course) we usually get lucky but then the saying “no place like home” comes into play. There’s always that minute detail that’s missing that makes me think aloud “I miss home". Besides the high nutritional value attached to our meals, there's the exquisite taste especially when all these variables are touched up by an amazing cook. 

    African cuisine doesn't stop at food, it could be considered a lifestyle as many people take up careers in this field even those in diaspora... That being said, I implore you to try out African cuisine preferably "Jollof rice", "Egusi soup" or "Abacha" and thank me later.


 


1 comment:

  1. WoW! Does this food look amazing! I wish I was eating all of this right now haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thankful

  https://metalshack.com/products/thankful-grateful-and-truly-blessed-metal-sign They say a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step...